Friday 11 April 2003

last week, while scrubbing toilets (yeah, sad life I live. Volunteer stipend doesn't pay enough for all my travels around Europe.) I stumbled across the Guardian. Started flipping through it and found this excellent article about the mindlessness of the war, and especially focuses on how the soldiers themselves aren't even sure what they're fighting for. I wanted a copy, but I couldn't possibly take the copy I had in hand, seeing I was supposed to be cleaning the house and not reading newspapers. Unfortunately, by the time I came back, I've clean forgotten about it.

Until this morning. You know how thoughts suddenly just strike you? Well, this one struck me hard. Came to the office with a mission. Spent this last half hour searching high and low for the article on the net (not knowing the article title and knowing only part of the writer's name didn't help), I found that someone else had thought it was a great article too! So if you're ever so inclined, the excellent article by Arundhati Roy can be read here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...