Tuesday 24 June 2003

after being hounded about the latest on my "what the heck am I planning to do after this year" saga, I guess I should get off my lazy bottom and update my blog. I really am getting quite lazy lately. What is happening to me?!?!?! Must be the heat...it's been really hot here lately. Which is amazing. I never thought I'd get hot in England. Anyway...

Oh, need to digress for a while. Saw this really weird but amazing film called Donnie Darko last night and it's got the coolest website. It's about this guy who's more or less schizo, but then it's got time travel as well...it was just strange. But I think it was really well done, especially from a film student point of view. Not your typical blow 'em up Hollywood action flick - which is what makes it really good.

Back to my saga - I got a call this afternoon from this company with regards to my resume. I messed up. Ok this is what happened.

Him: "Hello Melody. I'm calling from Perfect Day with regards to your resume."
Me: "Oh, great! Hi."
Him: "So what exactly are you looking for?"
Me: Have no idea what he's talking about coz have no idea where he's from or when I sent the resume, which is my fault. I really should keep track of where I send my stuff "Sorry, where did you say you were calling from?"
Him: "Perfect Day."
Me: still have no idea what he's talking about "erm well, I'm actually looking for a job in the media."
Him: "Media?!?! The media?!?!? I think you've made a mistake, we're actually a consultancy firm."
Me: "Oh."
Him: "I guess we must have gotten your CV by mistake."
Me: "Yeah...I think so...."
Him: "Ok then, goodbye."
Me: "Goodbye."

As Maya would say....DUH

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...