Thursday 19 June 2003

my hopes of working for Nat Geo have gone down the toilet :o( Got this from Kim McKay, VP of Marketing for Nat Geo, the lady Anna introduced me to:

Unfortunately NGCI does not have any job vacancies at the moment - if anything we're cutting back here in DC. I suggest you send your resume to NG's Human resources division - there's also a list of available positions posted on the website....By the way, do you have a work permit for the US? The only people who are 'transferred' and have visas sponsored are senior execs (it's quite a costly business) unless you have a green card.

Best wishes in your search and I'm sorry I don't have anything else to offer

1. I've sent in my resume to HR before...granted that was almost 2 years ago and my resume has changed drastically since then, but the biggest problem is
2. I have no work permit, and the chances of me getting a green card is next to nothing. Unless I start surfing websites like www.getanamericanhusband.com. Unfortunately, I don't think I want to work for National Geographic THAT badly.

Back to the old drawing block...my options have now gone down to 4 and I have this stinking feeling that I'm going to go to Avondale...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...