Wednesday 25 June 2003

this is ridiculous. I have to go for this "Intro to Microsoft Excel" course this evening. That in itself is fine. Great that the office wants its employees to upgrade themselves. But surely, it's kind of defeating the purpose if your employee already knows how to use Excel!!! And the thing is for 2 hours!!! I spent one whole semester in College learning that stupid program. I'm the only one in the office who knows how to use Excel. I've been producing databases and charts and what have you since I arrived and still they're sending me on an Introduction to Excel course?!?!?! Explain to me the reasoning behind that.

And i can't get out of it. Pat, the only other person in an office of 5, is going as well, and she has blackmailed me emotionally. "You have to keep me company!" You really can't say no when an elderly lady who's been so nice to you since you've arrived plead with you like that...but I only promised I'll go and check it out and will leave if I find that it's not benefitting me at all.

Have already asked Fanja to come and pick me up halfway through the course. There is no way I'm going to be sitting in that classroom for two hours learning something I already know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...