Sunday 11 January 2004

just arrived at my hotel in Hong Kong. I could dig this business travel lifestyle. I feel spoilt already.

My hotel's really nice, largely because I get FREE broadband internet connection (even though the browser is a little dodgy and seems rather dated), on top of satellite TV, a bath and all the little luxuries in life.

Thankfully wasn't deported at the HK airport, although they did stick a thermometer under my tongue because I was coughing. Temperature was 36.9 celcius, nowhere near SARS level.

Haven't got to see much of Hong Kong yet. Still trying to settle into the hotel, although I am considering leaving that for later and running out soon. Am located next extremely near the harbour in Tsimshatsui, amidst what promises to be lots of shopping. But most of the shops were boutiques sporting names like DKNY and Versace, so I may not be buying much...

The drive to the hotel from the airport was lovely though. I was taken aback by how hilly HK is. It's very much like Singapore, but with more water, hills and fog. Much cooler too.

Now to decide what to do...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...