Friday 3 September 2004

i've been a babysitter for the last 2 days and by the end of it, I have come to this conclusion - I am not going to have kids of my own.

Don't get me wrong, Ameya is an absolutely adorable baby and I love playing with her, hearing her laugh and watching her being just unbelievably cute.

Yet, at the same time, the amount of attention a baby needs, the feeding, the drooling, the nappy changing (which thankfully, Guisele spared me from doing), the...oh, the everyday baby chores, are enough to convince me that babies and me do not go well together. We are only able to communicate on short 10 minute bursts. After that, baby goes back to mummy.

Although, I have had a great 2 days, taking Ameya out for a walk (we survived 20 minutes before she started whinging, then tearing, then crying, then falling asleep in my arms, which then meant I had to walk 10 minutes home with my arms protesting for the uncalled for exercise).

I enjoyed being silly and trying to make her laugh. It was also interesting trying to dodge her saliva-filled fingers that almost always find my mouth or hair...and of course, to see her laughing excitedly when Guisele sings and dances with her.

I love the child. She's incredibly cute. And thankfully, she's not mine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...