Monday 17 January 2005

finally. I got food. In fact, I bought almost $100 worth of food. My wallet bleeds.

Thankfully I was given a ride by Letricia, my colleague. Goodness knows how I would be able to transport everything back otherwise.

The next challenge would be to actually cook it. Is anyone surprised that I copped out and bought stuff like bread, pasta, fruit and lots and lots of canned food? The cooking can start tomorrow. Right now, I'm postponing cooking and simply having grapes and a banana.

At least there are decent kitchens at work where I can cook and store food without being worried they get stolen.

Ah. First day at work.

Hardly got anything productive done actually. Was shown around the building and managed to successfully get lost and forget everybody's names almost immediately after. Thankfully I'm working with people I knew from before, so it saves me some embarrassment.

Thereupon which I had to sit in on a tele-meeting between the Communication Department, ADRA and Signs Publishing over in Melbourne, brainstorming on how to better publicise ADRA's tsunami-relief efforts.

Am extremely impressed as to how efficient everything is here. My nameplate has gone up. My computer system/email has all been set up. My phone/voicemail system has been more than ready. Besides the fact that I have to open a bank account, and that is my own fault, I believe I have successfully integrated into the whole South Pacific Division system!

Although it is rather strange to have an entire office all to myself. Stranger still that there is a departmental assistant (Letricia) who sometimes acts as my secretary. I am totally unused to not doing things myself.

But the best thing about everything? I get off work at 5.15pm. And with living a mere 10mins walk away, I suddenly have a lot more time to myself than I ever did when I was working for Citibank!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...