Monday 28 March 2005

i'm back!

back from a long weekend filled with glorious warm sunshine.

where i stayed with the sweetest couple, in a house caught between sugercane plantations and a gorgeous lake.

really, I cannot say enough about Letrica's grandparents. Grandma cooks this fabulous desserts that just threatens to fatten me up and Grandpa is really cheeky and fun to be around.

then there's her uncle who took me on two boat rides up and down the Tweed river just behind the house. We would have went water-skiing if it weren't for the fact that I was battling a cold and staying in the water for a prolonged period of time may not be the best thing.

of course, there was all the driving around and simply soaking in the beautiful scenes of mountains, rivers, rainforests and sugercane plantations...

and then going to the beach, walking along the sand, going to the headlands and just looking out into the sea for as far as the eye can see.

I think I got brown. It certainly was really hot.

But now I'm back in Sydney, where autumn has most certainly arrived. Where I have to start work tomorrow....ah..the long Easter weekend was way too short.

Photos will be up soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...