Wednesday 29 June 2005

excuse me while I pass out.

Just what is the state of my fellow countrymen coming to? What in the world are the future leaders of my home country thinking?

Idolising Hitler indeed!

Excerpt:
The group leader, a tanned and bespectacled 15-year-old girl, said, "We like him. He led Germany and was very good, although he was evil. Don't you think he's very handsome? He started World War II, but it's okay, he's still our hero."
Everything I want to say has been said by him.

But just on another note, I worry and fear about the logic and intellectual ability of these kids.

They are worshipping the very same person, who if he were alive, would have ruthlessly and mercilessly called for their extermination simply because they are not quite of the white Aryan race.

How do you actually idolise someone who would kill you upon meeting you? Not just you, but your entire race?

Why not try idolising someone else who was a far better leader and who spurred up much more lasting feelings of loyalty so much so that two thousand years later, people still talk about him, people still love him, and people still listen to what he had to say?

Why not try idolising somone who had as much charisma as Hitler, if not more, but who is instead the very epitome of goodness, love, patience and happiness?

And most certainly better loved and with more brain cells?

Excuse me while I bemoan the future state of my homeland.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the other dude I'm talking about? His name is Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

The Misery Chick said...

I HATE SHOUTBOX! Never can get a msg on it!

Anyway, I think the gal was lookg at H strictly fr a leader pt of view. U hav to admit as a leader he can be pretty amazing. To command such adulation and loyalty. The myth of the dictator.

But fr a moral pt of view, he is absolute evil. Bec of what he did to the Jews, Israel was created... and tt led to the shit happening in the ME today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...