Tuesday 23 August 2005

oh my goodness! more than a month after my birthday and I still get to feel special!

I got the most amazing package from one of my favouritest feeder in the mail today!

Muffins, brownies, Asian snacks and curry paste galore! I feel myself gaining weight already! And thank goodness I didn't find any unidentified green mould growing on them. And in case you're wondering, all the foodstuffs was actually opened by Australian quarantine and passed!

I also got a vegetable peeler and a strange floppy spatula thing, of which I have no idea what the use is for, although hitting Kristin over the head with it seems rather appropriate.

What a welcome surprise during a week of immense stress.

Care packages from friends are such wonderful inventions...

I feel special all over again *grins*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they opened it and it passed?!?! WOW!!! I am impressed!

erm.. the spatula thing... it came with INSTRUCTIONS rite?! LOL

they're "brushes", only instead of bristles, it's very malleable rubber. so it's easier to wash! have u tried washing brushes after using them in olive oil or butter or sauces? eeek!

ikea rox for inventing rubber brushes!

here's a tip for really scrummy and easy peasey garlic bread :

get the BEST extra virgin olive oil.

mix into it, balsamic vinegar and ground garlic.

then use the ikea brushes to brush onto your bread!

then bask for a few minutes, open faced.

toss on diced tomatoes and basil and you got yourself yummy bruschettas!

oh the peeler, it's fab! use the little holes in the handle to grind garlic. u dun even have to remove the peel. it'll seperate while grinding.

use the hole in the blade part, to make slivers of carrots or cucumber etc. just run the sharp holes part of the blade over the veg and watch yourself making ribbons of veg!

makes great Yu Sheng veg for CNY! no more slicing and julienning! just scrape!

Anonymous said...

oh and i forgot to say : the blade isn't sharp per se! it's sharp for veg but it won't slice your fingers!

use the other side of the blade as a NORMAL veg peeler.

cool eh?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...