Tuesday 11 October 2005

I feel horrible. I feel absolutely and completely horrible.

The reality of the South Asia earthquake finally hit me today. Watching the news, watching the people struggle to find loved ones buried beneath the rubble, watching them wait helplessly and hopelessly for the arrival of aid. Reading about the stories of loss, the stories of pain, the stories of anguish.

I just feel horrible.

Horrible for the people in South Asia as they struggle to come to terms with the earthquake that has devastated their lives. Horrible for not caring enough for these people in the first place. Horrible because I really don't know what to do.

Tens of thousands of people out there suffering and dying and I'm sitting in my room worrying about when and for how long I can go home for a holiday. How awful is that?

I feel so helpless. I really don't know what to do. I have no skills to actually physically help these people and it's frustrating me to the extreme right now. I mean, going there to write about what's happening isn't exactly going to save or help anybody right now.

But praying for them seems so...insignificant.

Giving money...just don't feel like I'm actually helping.

I want to go there and help the people, but I know I'm only going to be a hindrance more than anything.

So what can I do?

I'm so agitated right now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...