Tuesday 15 November 2005

oooh....my muscles....

With the onset of summer, I seem to have mysteriously taken up sports as well. It really is quite amazing to my friends, but especially myself, considering the last time I actually played proper something or other was way back in 1998.

Played touch footy with a bunch of colleagues from work (and some not quite colleagues) yesterday evening. Two hours of running up and down the field, where at one point of time I nearly flew backwards because of a supposed "touch" inflicted by an opposing team member (which unfortunately meant I was therefore labelled "delicate") was surprisingly rather enjoyable.

It felt great to be out in the open, with the gentle breeze, setting sun, fresh smell of grass and to simply get your heart pumping.

Have been swimming rather regularly for the past month or so, but somehow, playing sports with a bunch of friends seem to make things far more entertaining.

2 comments:

Faith said...

come back and teach us how to play touch footy! i wanna slam some people! hahaha! can play mixed genders? or better to play girls vs girls and boys vs boys?

Melody said...

i've been playing on mixed teams since i started playing, so I think they're ok :)

haven't actually tried playing with just girls...I think it's gotta do with the fact that we don't have the numbers.

and er...it's called TOUCH for a reason. There's no slamming involved...I think you'll have to look to wrestling for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...