Tuesday 17 January 2006

unsurprisingly, I'm delaying starting work on my latest article on the book of Ecclesiastes to talk a little about an Aussie artist that I have wanted to rave about for the last couple of months.

I first heard about him when he released Something Borrowed Something Blue back in my last year at college. It was catchy, but I never really thought much of it after I left Australia.

Then he released Catch My Disease and that was when I started warming up to him again. But it wasn't until the 2005 ARIAs that I quite certainly caught Ben Lee's disease.



That guy is an amazing bundle of positivity! Seeing him receive his awards (Best Single of the Year, Best Independent Release and Best Male Artist) and listening to the way he talked about the music industry, the only thing that kept repeating in my head was "he is soooo happy!"

It was amazing. I don't think I've ever quite seen another artist quite so optimistic about his music, his job, his colleagues and the entire environment he's in. He was oozing joy and happiness and the best part of it was how genuine he looked. To put it plainly, he was completely adorable and winsome.

I mean, this is a guy who performs with flowers entwined around his mic stand, grinning and bouncing up and down.

How much happier can you get?

1 comment:

Melody said...

lol..it must be. i like missy..but ben is just too happy and infectious :)

but i know what you mean about jumping the hoff! that was hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...