Wednesday 10 May 2006

This is really bizarre. I mean, everybody's got a favourite colour right?

So why is it that people pay particular attention to mine?

I was walking down the hallway at work just now when a colleague stopped me, calling out "oh, I nearly didn't recognise you there, you weren't wearing orange."

And then he went on to say, "Hey, we were at a computer show the other day and got a bag for you." Upon which he reveals a super bright orange bag.

I mean, how often do you get acquaintences, not friends, thinking of you because they've just spotted your favourite colour?

How often do you get given things for no rhyme or reason, other than it was in your favourite colour? And often, these people aren't even close friends who would normally give gifts.

How often do you go out with people who would, without fail, point out something that was in your favourite colour?

How often do you have items around your office or house in your favourite colour, not only because you've bought them in the colour, but because anything you get given is in your favourite colour?

I'm not complaining about the gifts at all. In fact, my ego is over-inflated that people would even think of giving me things and in my favourite colour at that. And I'm definitely flattered that I'm at the forefront of people's thoughts.

It's just that I know other people who have favourite colours too. They just don't seem to get as much attention from it as I do.

Is it just because orange is just not a common favourite colour?

Technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

Faith said...

or maybe, no one else is that ONZ about their fav colour... =)

i don't have a fav colour, come to think of it... I have perferences... but none that I would exclusively find myself drawn to.

sereneannabelle said...

oh! i din know orange is your favourite colour.

now i know.

so i'll know what to buy if i see you.

HAHA.

kenneth birch said...

maybe it's just because they all like you more - the colour thing is just an excuse :)

come to think of it, I don't think I have a favourite colour either.

Melody said...

hmmmm...ok, maybe I really am weird for having a favourite colour...

although, I do like your reasoning Kenneth..maybe they do like me more! muahahaha :)

The Misery Chick said...

U know what?

Pp have asked, when they see me in my non-fave colour, "eh, why aren't you in pink today?".

Hello, I like other colours as well! I shd take it as a compliment. They NOTICED my fave colour, he he.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...