Thursday 8 June 2006

Update: And thanks to Faith, here's a clip of my favourite segment of all time where Frank Woodley becomes an Asian kungfu master...

My Wednesday evenings for the last several months have been a period of self-imposed grounding due to wonderful Channel 10's programming where three of my favourite TV shows are aired back-to-back from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.

Thank God You're Here is one of the best Aussie comedies on TV I've seen so far (which is not saying much since I haven't actually watched a lot of Aussie comedy, but that's beside the point.)

Then there's House, who is my absolute hero when it comes to snarkiness, and finally NCIS, because it's just got the right mix of humour and action that particularly appeals to me.

But this is an ode to Thank God You're Here, the show that introduced me to the wonderful world of Lano & Woodley, of whom I'm now a fan and of whom it seems I'll never get to experience again. I saw their farewell tour about two weeks ago that had me doubled up in laughter and becoming a forever fan, but considering it's a farewell tour...



Anyway, back to TGYH:
It is based on a simple premise; get a group of well known performers and make each walk through a door into a scene without any idea of who they are or what they're walking into.
They interact with other actors on stage who have a script, so they're the only ones who will have to think on their feet and well, it often ends up with highly hilarious situations and have on occassions rendered me on the floor with a really bad stomachache from too much laughter.

Unfortunately, the show aired its season finale last night. Wednesday evenings will never be the same again.

But, for all those who really want to know just what in the world I'm raving about, you can download the season finale here!

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...