Friday 25 August 2006

"Ay, ay, a scratch, a scratch; marry, 'tis enough," he says.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from Brentyn, who had borrowed my baby Carrot for the day, telling me that Carrot had received some scratches.

Scratches.

Here are Carrot's "scratches":



My poor baby Carrot has gotten into her first accident. Which miraculously did not involve me.

When I bought Carrot, I knew she was going to be hurt. After all, it's my very first car and I have only passed my driving test eight months ago. Who would have known her first accident would be caused by somebody else?

And who would have known it'll cost at least $7000 to get her doors replaced? The Toyota Yaris is a car with very expensive doors...thank goodness for insurance cover.

At least Brentyn's doing all he can to get Carrot fixed up and as good as new. The heart still hurts. But it's only a car right?

Technorati tags: ,,

8 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

WTH???? THAT'S NOT A SCRATCH!!!!!

OH MY, I'd be MIGHTY upset if I were you bec it isn't JUST a car!

Della said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little Carrot! :( Looks like someone tried to peel it o.0

Anonymous said...

that looks like scratches to me!!!

Anonymous said...

i feel sorry for the poor driver... such a small accident and look! i bet he/she is getting unfair critism from friends...

Anonymous said...

The poor driver? - what about the poor car?? I think any and all criticism of such reckless driving is just and fair!

Anonymous said...

“Reckless” is a tough word…. It would be interesting to have comment from the driver…. Maybe it was unavoidable…

Mansfield said...

I just hope your insurance experience is relatively hassle-free...

Melody said...

On my part it was. I didn't have to do a single thing. The driver and the boyfriend took care of everything. It was great! Even got a hire car to use while Carrot was being amputated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...