Tuesday 26 June 2007

Can I just say that I love working for God.

John Howard's declaration of a national emergency in response to the aboriginal sexual abuse crisis has just sparked off a whole bunch of work for me.

That's largely because the Adventist Church actually has something to say about it, and is even organising the first ever national convention for indigenous women to address this very issue.

This also means writing releases from an angle that would make what the Church has to say relevant, timely and newsworthy. And then pitching it to the main journalists in the hope that they will pick up the story and think it worthy of a write-up.

I've done the writing part. I've also done the pitching part. The only thing left to do is wait and hope that someone, anyone, will actually pick up the story.

I've just spent the last half hour or so trying to think up of other people I can send the stories to, other things (save groveling) that I could possible do that will put my piece of news in the mainstream media.

To be honest, I started fretting.

And that was when it hit me. A voice clear as day in my head that said this, "This is up to me now. You've done all you can. You will know if I want your news to spread depending on whether I convict the journalists to pick up the story. If your story doesn't get picked up, maybe it just isn't the right time or the kind of exposure I want the church to have. Leave it to me."

I love it when I know that God's in charge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Melody! I read the press release yesterday from the SPD's RSS and thought to myself: this is exactly the thing only you can do, because too few others in the organization care. I totally agree with you, and I'm happy with the way you've managed to pitch the story. I think you're right that there's probably not a whole lot more you can do now. Will be exciting to see.

Melody said...

Hey Kenneth,

You have no idea how much your comment meant to me. That was really nice. Thanks!

Unfortunately, nothing back yet...oh well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...