Friday 10 October 2008

Knitting with dog hair

I cannot help but be somewhat disturbed by something I learned from a knitting website.

Apparently, you can knit with dog hair.

Yes, people have made whole sweaters with their pet's hair.


I'm not so much interested in the "how-to" than I am in the "why-would-you-want-to".

I suppose you can argue that it's the same as wearing stuff made from sheep's wool, but somehow, it's different.

Is it simply because we're just so used to one form of yarn, and not the other?

I don't know, but my nose crinkles at the thought of it...

The Knitting With Dog Hair book has a rather funny subtitle though - "Better A Sweater From A Dog You Know and Love Than From A Sheep You'll Never Meet."

Link via Core 77.

4 comments:

Faith said...

I'll wear a hat of Jelli's hair -- if I wasn't allergic to it =)

Clansi said...

a friend of mine makes felt out of her dogs hair. She's made a handbag and a wall hanging....

Ida said...

I've heard it very warm but I wouldn't want to have something knitted out dogs hair. Imagine some me wearing something with my cats hair. I have enough of that as it is!

Ida said...

I mean IT'S very warm. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...