Monday 3 August 2009

Conversations with a telemarketer

Telemarketer (TM): Hi Miss Tan, you have been selected for a special benefit offered by American Express. Would you like to hear more about it?

Me (M): Er, sure?

TM: The benefit is CreditShield......goes on for a few seconds...

M: Er, sorry, I hate to interrupt you, but can I just tell you that I'm not interested in the product?

TM: Why not?

M: I pay my credit card bills quite regularly, I don't really need to worry about it.

TM: But the beauty of this thing is.....something or other....it's really quite good.

M: Yeah, but I really don't think I'd be interested.

TM: Why don't you let me tell you about the benefits and then you can tell me your decision?

M: Nah, I think that's alright. I'd probably say no.

TM: But if you let me tell you about the benefits and how much it costs, you may change your mind.

M: Probably not, I don't want to spend any more money.

TM: Well, why don't you let me tell you about the benefits and then you can tell me your decision?

M: Ok, sure. You can tell me the benefits. But I can also tell you that I will no longer be listening.

TM: That's alright then Miss Tan, thank you so much for your time.

The final score: Melody 1 Telemarketer 0

3 comments:

Faith said...

wow... that's a LOOOOONG conversation. I usually just go "no thanks" and hang up, regardless of what they say...

The Misery Chick said...

WHOA, FIERCENESS!!!

Love the tiger claws, Mel. LOVE IT!

Melody said...

Faith - yeah, that's the problem. I feel bad about hanging up without them actually saying goodbye first. It just goes against everything I am to hang up on someone while they're speaking.

Maya - LOL. It was actually more like desperation. I wanted her to say goodbye. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...