Monday 4 January 2010

And they say Macs don't crash...

The brand new Mac that I had to get for work decided to stop working about a week after I got it.

It didn't crash per se, it just refused to turn on. Nothing I did could wake it up. And for those smart alecs out there, the computer was plugged into the power socket that was turned on. It had full battery power.

Took it in to be serviced (and what is this about having to personally bring Macs in to a service centre? Dell sent their representatives to my office when I had problems with my old PC!) only to be told a week later that after the repair guy spent three hours installing the new part, it was still faulty.

So now I have to wait for another new part to arrive for the repair guy to try again. In the meantime, I'm trying to get work done on my PC.

And if when the Mac is repaired, I have to drive 30 minutes to the service centre to pick it up.

Dodgy service, dodgy product...what is the big deal about Macs?

1 comment:

Kel said...

oh Mel, i know how frustrating it is to have computers and such not working as they should

facing similar challenges at work
but with PCs
the catch is i've discovered i have an unofficial role as IT support !?!

:-))))))))))))

the mac folk are probably just trying to build a relationship with you . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...