Tuesday 10 May 2011

Marble cupcakes


This was meant to be a black and white, vanilla and chocolate, marble cupcake, but I decided to make it red (with vanilla bean paste) and brown (with Cadbury's hot chocolate). This was a more complex recipe, actually requiring me to separate egg yolks and egg whites and involved a lot more intense beating.

The recipe made 16 cupcakes but I didn't realise that only until I scooped all the batter into 12 moulds and put it into the oven. Unsurprisingly, they ended up more like muffins than cupcakes.

I drizzled icing sugar over the top and scattered pastel sprinkles on them. They're still pretty, but I suppose they're not cupcakes per se.

Recipe: Black & White Cupcakes, from Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...