Thursday 29 September 2011

Just keep walking

I've just recently started the 10,000 steps challenge as part of work and am starting to discover just how sedentary my lifestyle is.

Day 1: Logged 8000 steps, but only because I went on a 50 minutes walk in the evening to boost my step count.

Day 2: Only logged a paltry 5000 steps. Luckily, it was gym night, so after 40 minutes of hard going on the cross training, I ended the day with 12000 steps.

Day 3: 6000 steps. No walk, no gym, just a normal couch potato day.

It's currently 5pm and I have only logged 4500 steps. I don't really have the motivation to go to the gym today, but looking at the number of steps, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps I should.

It's funny how when you've actually set a goal, you have this insatiable urge to achieve it. Now that I actually have this target of 10,000 steps a day, I find myself more willing to walk around the office. In fact, finding various excuses of things that I need to get done that requires me to walk.

Or maybe I'm just realising how inactive I am and that I perhaps need to move more for the sake of my health.

And yet, I'm so sedentary that I still cannot hit my target without the help of some planned physical exercise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...