Friday 14 October 2011

'raffes

This picture makes me happy and no, it's got nothing to do with that rather delighted child.

Giraffes are probably one of my favourite animals in the world. My other favourites are alpacas, and I think I can see why I like them too, in a long-necked, owner of soft, warm and luscious yarn kind of way.

In all honesty, I don't know much about giraffes. It's not their amazing sense of loyalty (are they loyal?) or their strength (fancy a giraffe ploughing anyone?) that appeals to me. Heck, I don't even know if they actually "talk" like how cats meow and sheep baa. In a completely superficial way, I will admit I like giraffes simply because of the way they look.

The common use of orange and yellow to depict them is enough to win me over. Not to mention the crazy long neck. The strange splits that they have to do so that they can get close enough to the water to drink. The two horn things at the top of their heads. The random splotches of brown on a yellow skin. And that weird blue tongue.

I ♥ giraffes. Just thought I'd put it out there.

And isn't the artwork just gorgeous? You can get it as a wall decal or a t-shirt. Brilliant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...